When it comes to employment conditions, agreements, correct pay levels and ensuring you are doing everything around HR right, there is so much you have to know. Frequently the average (and even above average) business owner doesn’t know it all. As a business coach I frequently source great suppliers in various areas, and if you have doubts about your compliancy around your human resources, please drop me a quick email and I’ll introduce you to this firm. They offer a completely complimentary meeting to assess your needs and advise how they can help you. It actually turns out to be less expensive than you’d think.
A business coach can answer your questions to help you with your business.
So, is your business compliant with Fair Work Regulations? Here are some questions you cannot afford to skip looking at and honestly answering:
- Have you provided your employees with a copy of the Fair Work Information Statement?
- Have you issued a compliant Contract of Employment to each employee? (Remember this should ALSO protect you, your business and your customers with aspects such as confidentiality and non-competition clauses added).
- Can you advise an employee of their National Employment Standard entitlements with accuracy and confidence?
- When was the last time you conducted an audit of your HR policies and procedures?
- Do you have a comprehensive employee handbook, or separate employment related policies?
- Have your employees received formal training and development in relation to your policies and procedures?
- Are you aware of your obligations in relation to all of the particulars to be maintained on payslips, including separately identifying the amount of casual loading payable?
- When was the last time you reviewed all your staff’s pays to ensure it meets minimum conditions including penalties, loading, overtime and allowances which might be worked?
- Are you aware of any enterprise agreements which apply to your business? When were they last reviewed?
- Is the business really compliant with all WHS requirements?
If you have answered “no” to any of the questions above, your employment relations and HR practices are not compliant in a significant area and may result in substantial fines, penalties and/or difficulties with the management. Drop me an email to email@example.com titled “Please introduce me to your HR Expert” and I’ll connect you – with absolutely no obligation.