Many businesses that I coach are interested in growing. Growing can be so many different things:
- Simply, more sales
- A new product, range or service
- An additional branch, location or work gang
- Franchising or licensing, or even
- World domination!
But rather than saying “I’m just going to do it”, first take some steps:
- Work out why you’re wanting to grow and know your long-term goals.
- Analyse what’s happening in your business now. If it’s not going well now, then think twice about duplicating those inefficiencies. Get the basics right FIRST.
- Do your due diligence and research. Is there a need, a changing trend or perhaps a saturation of the marketplace?
- Plan your growth, strategically and practically.