Some people believe that you are either born a natural networker, or not. This is not true. Another fallacy around networking is that only the extroverted and very outgoing people make great networkers. Again – wrong!
I know this is wrong for two reasons. Firstly, I learnt to network and to do public speaking. Both did not come easily, but were very achievable. In high school I was voted “The Least Known Student” in my form. Of recent years, I have won more other awards, mostly around Professional Services and Networking. In fact, I have been awarded ‘Networker of the Year’ not just once, twice, but four times!
From the beginnings of a shy and extremely quiet girl, I have learnt the skills on how to not just network comfortably, but very successfully. My core business grey primarily on networking; 86% of new work came from word of mouth and networking. Networking does work!
I now personally mentor others to achieve great things from networking, including:
- Those who are shy, lack confidence or just plain scared to step out and network.
- People who are wanting to get strategic with their networking and monetise it.
- Those from overseas*, such as China, who want to understand how to network with Australians and understand our culture and the nuances around Australian business.
- Those who are new to networking and don’t want to waste a lot of time and effort doing it wrong.
I have a three month program, where I will personally tutor and guide you in networking. This works best face to face and in person and is provided in the Redlands > Brisbane Southside.
* I have mentored a number of Chinese people however, I do not speak Chinese. I speak only English and a little French. You would need to have a reasonable level of English ability as a prerequisite. I will however cover with you ‘slang’ and other Australian-isms which make networking for non-Australians somewhat difficult. I will assist you in bridging the cultural gap and giving you both tutorial and practical experience in advancing your Australian networking skills. I work with both males and females.